Basic storyboard created for the backstory that was written for the game. It entails a brief overview of the backstory in the case of portraying the story of Arthur and how he got to this point. I forgot to annotate each individual pane when sketching this, so i’ll add the annotations below this post.
Frame Annotations (Beginning from the top-left, reading from left to right)
- Our tale begins in the 6th Century, and the throne to the Kingdom of Camelot lay empty.
- King Uther Pendragon has died
- And the kingship of the land has been bestowed upon a single challenge.
- Months had passed, many tried and all failed. All until one. That individual in particular was none other than Arthur Pendragon, son of the late King. A soldier by trade, he was unrecognized within society as being heir to the throne of Camelot, due to being raised by the former advisor to the late King, Merlin. When it came time, Arthur gallantly stepped up to the stone like many before him, grasped the sword and lifted it into the air.
- The future King of England is instantaneously transported through time, standing with sword in the air, to the middle of London in the year 2015. Bewildered, Arthur within moments is attacked by a group of masked assailants and his most recent possession is stolen.
- Those unknown individuals, mistakenly dropped a business card that perched precariously near Arthur’s unconscious body, entitled “Ablet Corporation”.
- Merlin tracked the magical essence he implanted onto Arthur earlier in his childhood. Using this he traveled through time, but at a cost. Arriving moments after the ordeal to a confused and barely conscious Arthur, Merlin warns him of what has transpired.
- Time is slowly being erased and Arthur not being present in Camelot to be the King of legend, is sending a ripple through time that is reverberating and shattering reality itself. Arthur and Merlin must navigate London, unravel a plot shrouding the mysterious “Ablet Corporation”. Because Merlin’s magic has been depleted and Excalibur is their only chance at saving time, before it’s too late.