So here is the first build of the game. I started this out with placeholders, just so I could get the technical side out of the way first. The background and clouds scroll at different speeds (Parallax effect), to give the player a greater perception of movement. Additionally I got the players movement controls integrated (Arrow keys), now they won’t be using all of the directional keys in the actual game but I thought it’d be easier using the same movement setup used in my previous game and then remove the unnecessary aspects of it.
It’s a work in progress. The next build will most definitely include better movement speed on the object and background, I’ll try to fit the collision detection in. I’ll see how it goes.