After coming up with the concept of the game itself (click here to familiarize yourself) we set acourse for plotting to turn this into a level design in Google Sketchup. We initially planned on it being developed and fully rendered in Blender but the only member in the group with the expertise and know how of how to efficiently use Blender within the timeframe we had was, Adam. And so it didn’t feel fair pinning the group effort onto his expertise. We instead opted for Google Sketchup and got to work on some sketches, although we changed our minds later and allowed Adam free reign within Blender to create a detailed version of the map.
As a collective we were content enough with this sketch to get plotting a map in Sketchup. When it came to crafting the map, Tim took the initiative as to crafting the level because he felt most confident in Google Sketchup.
I think Tim did an excellent job on this finished product. I was guiding him in some parts of the construction but i thought it best to let Tim decide if parts of the map worked better than others. I’m generally content with this product, it was exactly what i envisioned it would be when i initially sketched the level design. I don’t believe this is the final product that is being produced for this project, the reason i haven’t shown the more detailed version because the person within the group has yet to release it publicly.